This two day skill set provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to use VHF, HF and UHF marine radios correctly.
This course is a mandatory requirement of the Coxswain Grade 1 and Coxswain Grade 2 qualifications (where a vessel has a VHF, HR or UHF radio onboard). This certificate is also required for those recreational vessel operators who have a VHF radio onboard.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Short-Range Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP) License issued by ACMA.
Students will learn about:
- VHF, HF, UHF radios
- Different stations and frequencies required for communication
- Operating procedures for routine, distress, urgency and safety communications
- Marine DSC techniques and procedures, public correspondences, Seaphone and
- Search and Rescue in Australia
- Marine radio equipment basic trouble shooting and maintenance
Students are required to purchase book AMCMARINE Marine Radio Operator’s Handbook Maritime 2013 AMC Marine 21.