This skill set is aimed at those who operate a small business or are seeking an administration support position in a small business.
The Operating a Small Business Skill Set will prepare you with the skills and knowledge to get you job ready or to improve how you operate a business of your own.
You’ll learn how to:
- design and produce business documents and publications
- digitally design and develop text-based documents
- develop spreadsheets through the use of both cloud-based and non-cloud based applications
- identify financial requirements of a business including profit targets
- cash flow projections and strategies to gather financial support
- understand workplace health and safety (WHS) legislation and its application to safe work practices
The course also covers how to create and build a social networking presence using social media tools and applications.
BSBESB403 Plan finances for new business ventures
BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets
BSBWHS307 Apply knowledge of WHS laws in the workplace
ICTWEB306 Develop web presence using social media
This course will be FREE from 1 January 2023. The tuition fees are 100 per cent subsidised by the WA State Government. Please note, some resource fees may apply.
Some eligibility conditions apply for the free training, and other fees may apply for some courses. Please see the FAQs on our Skills Ready page for further information.
Not all units and study modes are offered at all campuses. Please check with your local campus.