This skill set is aimed at those who operate a small business or are seeking an administration support position in a small business.
The Operating a Small Business Skill Set will prepare you with the skills and knowledge to get you job ready or to improve how you operate a business of your own.
You’ll learn how to:
- design and produce business documents and publications
- digitally design and develop text-based documents
- develop spreadsheets through the use of both cloud-based and non-cloud based applications
- identify financial requirements of a business including profit targets
- cash flow projections and strategies to gather financial support
- understand workplace health and safety (WHS) legislation and its application to safe work practices
The course also covers how to create and build a social networking presence using social media tools and applications.
BSBESB403 Plan finances for new business ventures
BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
BSBTEC302 Design and produce spreadsheets
BSBWHS307 Apply knowledge of WHS laws in the workplace
ICTWEB306 Develop web presence using social media
Not all units and study modes are offered at all campuses. Please check with your local campus.
Delivery locations and study options
Kununurra Campus - 17 July - 14 December, 2023
|When||17 July - 14 December, 2023|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2023
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- For more information regarding eligibility and fees, please visit DTWD website
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.