Grow your abilities to operate one of the most versatile machines on the market!
If you're looking to gain a new skill or refresh some old ones this nationally recognised Telehandler Skill Set is for you!
Telescopic material handler operations is fast becoming a sought after skill set in the mining and construction sector. Whether it's lifting with forks, digging with a bucket or using any number of attachments available on these machines.
The course provides training on:
- telehandler operation, including planning and preparing for operations
- conducting pre-start checks
- operating the telehandler
- lifting, carrying and placing materials
- basic maintenance and clean-up procedures
Please bring along:
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Water bottle
RIIHAN309F Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
The delivery of this unit will be face to face combining both theory and practical exercises over a 3 day period. Participants are required to sit a theoretical exam on conducting telescopic material handler operations.
You will need to have the following PPE at a minimum when conducting the practical assessments:
- Hi-Vis Long sleeve shirt
- Long Pants
- Steel Cap Boots
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
Not all units and study modes are offered at all campuses. Please check with your local campus.
Delivery locations and study options
Karratha Campus - 31 October - 2 November, 2023
|When||31 October - 2 November, 2023|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2023
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- For more information regarding eligibility and fees, please visit DTWD website
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.