The Rio Tinto Leadership Awards aims to celebrate and reward nominated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students’ and encourage further study, increase skills, build confidence and employment opportunities.
Category 1: Aboriginal Student of the Year
- Two awards valued at $1,000 each
- Must have fully completed a Certificate III, IV or Diploma Qualification
Category 2: Rio Tinto Study Recognition Awards
- Four awards valued at $750 each
Category 3: Rio Tinto Youth Recognition Award
- One award valued at $750 each
- Must be aged 16-18
- Available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Must be aged 18 - 25 for Categories 1 & 2, and 16 - 18 for Category 3, and a permanent resident in the West Kimberley region
- You will need to demonstrate outstanding academic achievement or have overcome significant barriers to reach an academic goal
- Students can be nominated by NR TAFE staff or by themselves
- Nominees must be enrolled or on track to complete a certificate I, II, III, IV or Diploma.