Gain the skills to enter further study and employment.
The Certificate I in General Education for Adults is a bridging qualification for people of all cultural backgrounds and ages who want to improve their reading, writing, speaking and maths skills for employment, further training or participation within the community. This qualification approximates Year 9 at high school.
Throughout this course, participants will learn how to:
- Engage with and create texts
- Work with numbers and money
- Interpret directions
- Undertake measurements
- Interpret statistics
- Participate in job seeking
This qualification assists participants to explore further training options which suit their interests and abilities.
This course is available online!
Online classes are delivered via video lessons using Blackboard Collaborate and self study.
What you need for the online class:
- A device (computer or tablet)
- A headset with a microphone
- A webcam
- Access to the internet
Date: Wednesday, 11am -12pm; Friday 2pm - 3pm
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.