Are you ready to glam your career?
The Certificate II in Salon Assistant is an entry-level qualification, providing you with the skills to work as an assistant in a hair salon. You will develop foundation skills and knowledge required in hairdressing salons to provide client services assistance. Receive hands-on experience at either our Karratha or Broome based salon where you will get the opportunity to work on real clients using advance equipment and tools.
During your training you will focus on upskilling in customer service areas as well as performing daily task such as shampooing, colouring and styling.
Students will learn everything they need to provide a top quality service!
- Hair styling (shampooing, blow drying, braiding, dying and coloring)
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Customer Service including scheduling appointments
- OSH practices
- Handling stock
Students will gain practical skills on the salon discipline preparing them for a career in this industry.
- You are looking to gain entry into the hair, beauty and/or retail sector
- If you retail industry and wanting to further their skills
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Uniforms and workwear requirements
Students are required to wear all black clothing throughout this qualification with rubber-soled fully enclosed shoes.
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.