Gain the skills to enter further study and employment.
This course aims to provide a general education to participants. That is, initial skill development in reading, writing and numeracy and skill development in a variety of areas to meet personal needs and to facilitate participation in the community, or other workplace and further education and training.
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Develop a learning plan and portfolio with support
- Read and interpret a limited range of short, simple and personally relevant texts
- Create short simple, personally relevant texts
- Recognise simple mathematical information in familiar and everyday situations
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.