Climb the corporate ladder.
Progress your career in the world of business
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? This course covers the core competencies that enable you to operate smoothly in your office-based role. You will learn about best practices for customer service and communication, how to solve problems and overcome business challenges, and the importance of resource and schedule management, while improving your digital literacy and numeracy skills.
This course has been developed to fit the specific industry needs of the Northwest region. If you are completing this course as part of a traineeship, you will put your skills into practice in the workplace while learning. Those without a workplace will learn within a simulated virtual online environment.
Dependent on your elective units selected, the following topics are covered throughout this course:
- Customer service
- Communication, problem solving and inclusivity
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Digital technology
- Organisation and management
- Business sustainability
Throughout this course, you will gain skills in:
- Customer service
- Digital literacy and numeracy
- Resource and schedule management
- Problem solving and workplace sustainability
- You are already employed in a business role and are seeking advancement opportunities through increased skills and knowledge
- You are returning to the workplace after a period away, such as maternity leave
- You are completing a business traineeship with a local organisation
- You are seeking to enter the business industry
You will require basic literacy, numeracy and computing skills to undertake this course. You must be able to read and write simple documents, research online, and have a basic understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
There are no existing qualification requirements for entry into this course.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Still in school
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.