Make a real difference in peoples' lives.
The Certificate III in Community Services will provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge to work effectively with individuals and groups, in residential and community settings, to identify their needs and plan and develop appropriate services to meet those needs. Participants will learn about the community services sector including mental health, alcohol and other drug services, and domestic violence services.
Participants will gain skills in:
- Effective communication
- Gathering, maintaining and providing information
- Advocacy and community development processes
- Ethical behaviour
- Legal responsibilities of community workers
As part of this qualification, participants will undertake a supervised or simulated work placement where they will be able to apply the skills and knowledge learned throughout the course.
This course is available at other campus locations upon request.
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Fitzroy Crossing Campus
Halls Creek Campus
Minurmarghali Mia Campus
Tom Price Campus
Still in school
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.