Make your mark in the corporate world.
Seeking to elevate your business management skills?
This qualification is perfect for those who are already employed in an office or commercial environment and are seeking growth in a business management role. Business management is a skillset relevant across many industries and sectors.
Successful completion of this qualification will provide you with the skills to manage business operations effectively, as well as lead and support a team of staff. Undertaking a combination of structured learning activities and self-paced study, topics will be themed around operational planning and budgeting, team management and business sustainability. You will explore different methods of communication, various ways to problem-solve, how to build emotional intelligence and manage conflicts within a team environment. You will learn how to think critically and analytically to achieve business goals and create a sustainable competitive advantage within your organisation.
Throughout this course, you will gain skills in:
- Problem solving
- Emotional intelligence
- Team building and support
- Conflict management
- Operational planning
You are currently employed in a business role and/or have at least three years of office/commercial experience in a suitable job role, such as an administrator or project assistant.
You will require a sufficient level of literacy, language and numeracy skills to enrol in this qualification. You must be able to:
- Read and write complex documents
- Effectively communicate
- Collate and manipulate data
- Competently use software applications including the Microsoft Office suite
The preferred entrance requirements for this qualification include:
- Completion of a Certificate IV in Business or other relevant qualification, or
- Practical experience in a senior business support role/s
Ready to progress your study journey? This qualification pathways into:
- Advanced Diploma of Business (external)
- Other specialised Diploma-level business qualifications
- Undergraduate business degree at a recognised university via an articulation pathway
Delivery locations and study options
Available all year
|When||Available all year|
Our estimated fees are based on:
- Full time study in 2022
- A selection of elective units designed to meet local industry demand for skills (different unit selections will attract different fees)
- The government rate for Australian Citizens over the age of 18, permanent visa holders, visa sub-class 309, 444, 820 or a 457 dependent visa
These fees are estimates only and depend on your eligibility for government funding, concession rates, the units you choose to study or seek to be recognised under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Additional resource, material and/or equipment costs may apply. Visit our Fees and Charges page for more information, including on consumer rights.